1. Using our website
1.1 The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust (UHMBT) website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions that take effect from the date of first use.
2. Intellectual property
2.1 The names, images and logos identifying the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay are proprietary marks of the NHS. Copying of our logos and/or any other third party logos accessed via this website is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner.
2.2 Requests for permission to use our logo should be directed to the Marketing Manager. Telephone 01539 716 687; email email@example.com. Tell us how and why your wish to use our logo(s). Please include your contact details name, address, telephone number, fax number and email.
© Crown Copyright 2012
3.1 The material featured on this website is subject to Crown copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. You may reuse the Crown copyright protected material (not including the Royal Arms and other departmental or agency logos) free of charge in any format for non-commercial research, private study or internal circulation within your organisation. The material must be acknowledged as Crown copyright and you must give the title of the source document/publication.
3.3 University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust encourages users to establish hypertext links to this website.
3.4 For further information on Crown copyright policy and licensing arrangements, see the guidance featured on the OPSI Website:
4. Hyperlinking to us at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust
4.1 You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. We do not object to you linking directly to the information that is hosted on our site. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. The University Hospital of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust pages must load into the user’s entire window.
5. Hyperlinking by us at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust
5.1 It is our policy to obtain permission to link to other websites where their terms and conditions instruct us to do so. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
6. Virus protection
6.1 We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
7. Privacy & cookie statement
7.1 If you are a user with general public and anonymous access, University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust website does not store or capture personal information, but merely logs the user’s IP address that is automatically recognised by the web server.
7.3 This privacy statement only covers the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust website at https://www.freshthinking.uhmb.nhs.uk, and other other website addresses (URLs) registered by University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust which direct to https://www.freshthinking.uhmb.nhs.uk. This statement does not cover links within this site to other websites.
7.4 The system will record your email address and other information if volunteered to us by you. This shall be treated as proprietary and confidential. It may also be used for internal review and to notify you about updates to the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust website.
8. Comment moderation policy
We pre-moderate all of the comments we receive on this website (https://www.freshthinking.uhmb.nhs.uk/). ‘Pre-moderation’ means that comments will not be published instantly. They will be checked first by moderators who monitor the site during normal working hours (9am – 5pm GMT, Monday to Friday) and aim to process comments as quickly as possible.
This is not about censoring your views but to ensure that comments relate to the particular subject being discussed. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned discussion.
Please be aware that on some occasions, there may be a delay in publishing whilst we seek information from various sources to be included in our response to questions.
We will normally approve comments for publication as long as they:
- Are on-topic and relevant to the post itself. Please don’t post messages that are not related
- Are respectful to other people. Comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- Do not incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or any other personal characteristic
- Do not reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- Are reasonably concise and don’t constitute spamming of the site
- Are not persistent or repetitive negative messages which aim to provoke a response and/or don’t constructively add to the conversation
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- Are not party political in nature. The NHS is always high on the political agenda, and whilst we acknowledge that references to political parties and their policies may often be inevitable, we reserve the right to exclude comments which are purely party-political in nature or seek to advertise political events
- Do not include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
- Do not break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- Do not advertise commercial products and services, however, you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
- Are written in English. Unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
If you are aged 16 or under, please get you parent/guardian’s permission before submitting a comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
Please note that if you choose to attribute your name to your comment, this will be visible to other visitors to the relevant page.
We reserve the right to suspend comments at any time, and remove comments older than six months.
We read every comment, and respond wherever we can. We endeavour to answer your questions where possible, but if you require an official response, please contact our Trust by post or email.